Thursday 18 June 2015

A big beach find

Seeing as our blog is called K&B Adventures by the Sea, I have to take advantage of every opportunity for an adventure, whether it's big or small. Last night when we were walking the dogs on the beach, I found an awesome piece of wood that had washed up on shore. It was really long and heavy and I wanted Brian​ to help me bring it back to the car, but he said it was stupid to pick up a scrap piece of wood and wouldn't help. Grrrrrr!

I was going to drag it back to the car myself, till I remembered that the car is a smart car, and there's barely enough room for two humans and three dogs, let alone a massive piece of wood. So, I drove everyone home, hopped into the pick up, and went back to the beach to get that piece of wood. It was a pretty good workout hauling it down the beach! Now it's here and I have no idea what to do with it, but I’ll figure something out :-)

wood boards 2

wood boards 1

Have I lost my mind, or would you have lugged this sucker home too?

kb logo 1a

7 comments:

  1. Yes I would have knocked over men, women and seagulls to get that home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah! Luckily, I didn't have to manhandle anyone to get it ;-) There was just one guy surfing when I got back to the beach. It actually wasn't so bad dragging it through the sand - just a bit of a challenge getting it up the hill to the parking lot :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Kate, it is! And heavy! And lots of big nails sticking out of it!

      Delete
  3. I TOTALLY would have lugged that sucker home too! It has so many possibilities....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Kris :-) And for being on my side in the great wood debate :-) I'm so happy I went back to get it - it wasn't too hard to drag it back to the parking lot, and I knew I would have regretted it if I hadn't gone back. It's all part of the adventure :-)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete