Monday 15 June 2015

Kissing the shoreline

“Because there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline,
no matter how many times it's sent away.”
Sarah Kay

A couple of days ago we were walking the dogs on the beach, and as usual I was looking down because I’m always on the hunt for glass – my name is Kelly and I’m a beach glass addict ;-) But anyway – I don’t know if this always happens or if it was just the right combination of temperature and wave strength and who knows what else, but I noticed the most amazing patterns in the sand. So I zipped home, got my camera, and snapped away.

The idea is a work in progress, but I played around with some effects in Picmonkey, and I think there might be some potential here to create unique art. These are the originals…

art sand collage

And examples of different ways they can be enhanced…

sig sand art 1b

 

sig sand art 4b

 

sig sand art 6b

 

sig sand art 10a

The cool thing about this is that it’s art created by the ocean. And it’s just temporary – the next wave that comes up on the beach washes it away. Which I experienced first-hand as I was just about to take a picture!

What do you think about this sand art created by the ocean?

kb logo 1a

No comments:

Post a Comment