Monday 13 July 2015

Weekend wrap-up Take 1

Wow, what a whirlwind weekend! On Saturday, I drove into Halifax with my friend Leah to take a class at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. We learned how to make knotted doormats. Mine didn’t quite come out the way it was supposed to - the rope should be tight all the way around, but I got tired of tightening it and left mine loose. I’m going to hang it on a wall, and I might paint it or add some nautical touches to it.

mat


Sunday started out with a walk on the beach, and Sassy helped me find this awesome big piece of blue glass :-)

blue glass


Then I met my blog friend Marsha from Marsha Sefcik Interiors for the first time. We hit it off right away and had a blast checking out the Lunenburg Festival of Crafts and the Mahone Bay Home & Garden Tour (thanks to Vickie for the heads-up!) Marsha and I must share a brain, because we both bought the exact same things :-) First we each picked up a sweet driftwood sailboat from Harbourside Designs. I love the owl fabric :-)

sailboat


Next we hit the Nauti-Buoy booth. Would you believe these amazing buoys are painted by a 10 year old?! This kid is going to go places!

nauti buoy


Seriously, how do you choose, every buoy is great! I finally settled on this blue one because I like the washed paint look and the sand dollar. But I suspect I’ll be buying another one or two or eight ;-)

buoy 2


We both bought the same print from Anita’s Art. When it’s framed, it looks like a view out the window :-)

art


We also spent a lot of time talking with Wendy at the Front Porch Mercantile booth. Her stock of Miss Mustard Seed milk paint was selling like hotcakes!

fpm


I was really impressed with the craft show. There was a nice variety of vendors, and a great selection of handmade products, from art to glass work to jewelry to candles to baked goods.

Next we headed to Mahone Bay for the house & garden tour. I thought it would take us a couple of hours. It was more like five – there was a lot to see! I’ll tell you all about it in my next post, otherwise this one will get way too long!

kb logo 1a

No comments:

Post a Comment