October has been a busy month up at the lot. Even though the build isn’t going fast enough for my liking, we’ve made some good progress over the last few weeks. On top of finishing the sheathing on one side of the roof last week, we’ve also sheathed all the walls (except for the west wall, which is mostly windows) and done work on the front of the house.
The wall sheathing went up fairly quickly. Love using the nail gun!
The ocean side of the house is pretty simple – the front side is another story! There’s the screened porch and the entry to build, as well as the deck. On days that were too windy to work on the roof, we (well, mostly Brian) worked on the screened porch. First he installed the flashing…
Then the floor joists and subfloor and Tyvek (I helped with that :-) )…
And finally the rafters.
And today we installed the front entry trusses.
And now we realize that the roof over the front entry is going to completely block the view of the water on the other side of the point from the bathroom window. So now I’m working on convincing Brian to add a skylight to the front of the house to get that view back. We’ll see how that goes!