Friday 22 September 2017

We have a flooring front-runner

I went into Halifax earlier this week on a mission to find hardwood flooring. I came home with nine samples (I like making my life as difficult as possible!). Each time I laid them out and then narrowed them down to a couple of favourites, there’s one that made the cut each time. I don’t want to say that it’s the winner quite yet, but it’s definitely the front-runner.

So here it is – from Fuzion Flooring’s Classical Elegance collection, Oak Serenade…

oak 2


I like this hardwood best for a few reasons:

  • The colour is a greyish-brown that will hopefully not show too much sand and dirt!
  • The graining in the oak will help to conceal dings and scratches more than a less grainy wood like birch or maple.
  • The planks are 7-1/2” wide – love wide planks!
  • The colour and graining aren’t in-your-face, so hopefully the floor will take second stage to the more interesting aspects of the house – like the views :-)
  • It goes great with the tile that I love – Ceragres Wood 2 in Dust. The hardwood and tile will meet in places, and I’d like them to have a somewhat seamless transition rather than an obvious change of materials & colour. Here’s the Oak Serenade hardwood with the Wood 2 tile. And a rock ;-)


wood tile

Before I commit to the hardwood, I’m going to buy one box so I can see how much colour and grain variation there is in the full-size planks. After my previous hardwood front-runner not turning out to be what I expected, I don’t want to take any chances. We need about 2,000 sq ft of hardwood, so definitely don’t want to screw this up!

Next up in the decision-making process – finalizing the tiles for the upstairs bathroom.


KB sig

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are the one making all these decisions ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our long history and experience in Houston is unrivaled. Turn to us for your flooring and design solutions with superior products and craftsmanship. Tile Stores in Houston

    ReplyDelete